2010 Ride for the Cure / Roule pour la vie

Fifty-two Novartis Canada employees are cycling 600km from Toronto to Montreal Sept 25-28, 2010 to raise awareness & money for breast cancer research. This website shares the team’s preparation & stories from the road. Cette année, 52 employés de Novartis Canada parcourront à vélo les 600km qui séparent Toronto de Montréal, du 25 au 28 septembre, pour recueillir des fonds pour la recherche sur le cancer du sein. Ce site Web diffusera leur histoires du voyage.

Monday, September 21, 2009

185km is Not Enough for These Crazy People

I planned to blog after day 1, and 2 but both nights when everyone else was enjoying a beer I was passed out in my room. Today was the long day. 185 km from the Best Western in Kingston to the Best Western in Cornwall, with many emotions and pain between the two. At about 80 km today I took a fall on the hwy, at the moment the pain was hidden by the fear of getting run over by a car but at this point I am feeling it. When we got to the Best Western in Cornwall it was only 185 km - the normal person would think that this was enough, however in order to call it 200km we had to loop back and get another 15km in. Despite the pain, and the tears it was the only think I could think of to take the time to get to 200km. At this point some "fast" riders took it upon themselves to come with us to make sure that we could make it. This is exactly how this ride has gone - support from strangers and encouragement from everyone. I am truly blessed to be able to be part of this ride. Thank you for the support from my parents and sister and brother in law. And my brother (if he had a cell phone). And my trainer Lance...!
Jennifer Hansford
 
Site Meter