2010 Ride for the Cure / Roule pour la vie

Fifty-two Novartis Canada employees are cycling 600km from Toronto to Montreal Sept 25-28, 2010 to raise awareness & money for breast cancer research. This website shares the team’s preparation & stories from the road. Cette année, 52 employés de Novartis Canada parcourront à vélo les 600km qui séparent Toronto de Montréal, du 25 au 28 septembre, pour recueillir des fonds pour la recherche sur le cancer du sein. Ce site Web diffusera leur histoires du voyage.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What an experience!

I have learned a lot about myself and about life during those 4 days. Unfortunately I was not able to do the whole 600 km because of a knee injury. For sure, I was disappointed but like I told André on Sunday, it's not about me, it's about the cause. Monday, I followed my Pure Enjoyment team in the Minivan with Bernadette. I was now a spectator. It was amazing to see the dertermination, the teamwork and the camaraderie. That's what Ride for the Cure is all about. Thanks Berny for the great support and help. You did a great job! And thanks for putting the smile back on my face on Monday!

I decided to do the last 120 km because I wanted to finish this journey with you guys. I am not sure it was the best thing to do for my knee but I had to do it. I can tell you that I will never forget the feeling I had when we arrived at the office. I was so proud to be part of such a great team!

I knew I would meet new colleagues during this trip. I ended up meeting new friends.

I will see you next year...With stronger knees and legs!
Cheers,
Chantal
 
Site Meter