2010 Ride for the Cure / Roule pour la vie

Fifty-two Novartis Canada employees are cycling 600km from Toronto to Montreal Sept 25-28, 2010 to raise awareness & money for breast cancer research. This website shares the team’s preparation & stories from the road. Cette année, 52 employés de Novartis Canada parcourront à vélo les 600km qui séparent Toronto de Montréal, du 25 au 28 septembre, pour recueillir des fonds pour la recherche sur le cancer du sein. Ce site Web diffusera leur histoires du voyage.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Hello to Beautiful B.C.

When I woke up today I was scared of the ride today. A ride from Kingston to Cornwall, that took around 7 hours, with a distance of 200KM. Indeed, this daunting day got me up at 3AM, with so many thoughts racing in my head about my preparedness, that I did not get back to sleep.

Still the day went very well. The Ontario countryside and the towns along the St. Lawrence River are beautiful. Truly, I will remember this event, and the ride today. The team did very well, with all riders safely completing the ride. We also rode very fast. Even with 6 flat tires, and a couple of other mechanical difficulties, our group rode at almost 34KM per hour, over the 200 KM. My legs and bottom are a little sore, but the ride was worth it!

Tomorrow is the last stage from Cornwall Ontario, to Montreal Quebec. Followed by a flight home, and the very exciting part of seeing my family in BC.

I am proud to be a part of this event, and importantly raising money for breast cancer research.

Bye for now,
Les Brown
 
Site Meter