2010 Ride for the Cure / Roule pour la vie

Fifty-two Novartis Canada employees are cycling 600km from Toronto to Montreal Sept 25-28, 2010 to raise awareness & money for breast cancer research. This website shares the team’s preparation & stories from the road. Cette année, 52 employés de Novartis Canada parcourront à vélo les 600km qui séparent Toronto de Montréal, du 25 au 28 septembre, pour recueillir des fonds pour la recherche sur le cancer du sein. Ce site Web diffusera leur histoires du voyage.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cobourg to Kingston: Personal History!

What a day! I rode my first official century today (100 miles) and all along the way I saw things that I grew up with. The day started out with a photo for the Cobourg Star. No, it wasn't Layton Dodge, but I did find out that he is still around. He had a cancer scare a few years ago but he has battled well.

As I went through town I thought of people that I had spent many years with in Cobourg. Sharon, John, Barb, Gerrard, Andy, Gord, Cathy and many more. It was great to see Brett Maynard and Sean O'Grady at the Oasis. Also, Gord Plue whom I worked at Fort Henry with. Brett and Sean both said to say hi to Mom and Dad. They both are doing very well.

The ride to Kingston was fantastic. 160 km of fast roads and talented riders. All doing something that is amazing for Breast Cancer research. Up to now, we have raised about $47000.00. We are all very proud to be here. The team is amazing. It really showed today as some of us had mechanical issues and everyone was quick to jump in and help. Teamwork like this will help us find a cure for Breast Cancer and other cancers as well.

One final note, my little girl Ashley turned three yesterday. She is so happy to have her new Polly Pockets. It is her, my wife Diana and my oldest Nicole who I am riding for. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! In a way I regret not being there for Ashley's birthday, but the cause is really worth it in the end. She and Nicole are more precious to me than any birthday. Whatever I can do to keep them healthy is well worth it.

Will post more later!

Steve.
 
Site Meter