2010 Ride for the Cure / Roule pour la vie

Fifty-two Novartis Canada employees are cycling 600km from Toronto to Montreal Sept 25-28, 2010 to raise awareness & money for breast cancer research. This website shares the team’s preparation & stories from the road. Cette année, 52 employés de Novartis Canada parcourront à vélo les 600km qui séparent Toronto de Montréal, du 25 au 28 septembre, pour recueillir des fonds pour la recherche sur le cancer du sein. Ce site Web diffusera leur histoires du voyage.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Fundraising coming along great!

I would like to thank all my sponsors -- individuals, colleagues, friends, family and business partners -- who have been donating to this cause. It is really making a difference. To date, I have pledges of more than $3,000, and I have received actual donations of about $1,700 to date. A special thanks to some of our business partners that have already contributed $200 or more to this cause: Fleishman-Hillard, Robert Viau, Francois Thivierge/Hc3 Health Care Communication Concepts, and National. This is greatly appreciated.
I have to say that I am a little spooked by the cycle, now that I know that we will have rain, Easterly winds, and because I am fighting to keep a cold at bay! It appears that we will be riding between two weather systems, both of which carry with them rain and wind. I am hoping that we will have a patch of blue sky over us the entire way while rain pours on the horizon both behind us and ahead us. I guess this is just hopeful thinking.
We are packing up the car in the next 30 mins or so to head to Toronto for the cycle, and we will be on the road tomorrow morning. More news from the road!
 
Site Meter